We are excited to partner with Camp Twin Lakes annually to provide Camp Wheel-A-Way!
For 25 years, Camp Twin Lakes has delivered fully adaptive, medically supportive, and deeply impactful camp experiences to more than 10,000 of Georgia’s children and young adults, helping each camper grow in their confidence and experience the joys of childhood.
Through intentional play, we develop mindful and confident children and adults who are prepared to triumph over challenges. By learning perseverance, resilience, and a sense of community, our campers leave transformed and capable of extraordinary things.
- Campers must be between 6-30 years old.
- Campers must be willing to stay with a group at camp, adapt to group living routine, and participate in high energy outdoor camp activities.
- Campers must have no aggressive or threatening behaviors to other individuals at camp.
- Campers must be able to communicate 'yes' or 'no' consistently to counselors at camp through words, gestures, or signs.
- Campers must be in good health and show no signs of communicable disease.
- Campers should be toilet-trained and only need assistance with transfers, hygiene, clothes, reminders, and catheters. Campers in diapers for occasional accidents can be managed, but frequent changes cannot be accommodated.
**Please note: As the safety of your camper and camp staff is our primary priority, decisions & acceptance to camp will be made by a committee on a case-by-case basis.
Please feel free to get in touch with Hope Rosenlund, Camp Director with any questions or concerns. She can be reached by calling 770-867-6123 ext. 229 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to volunteer and help our campers have the most incredible weekend ever? Volunteering with Camp Wheel-A-Way is fun and free.
Sign up for our newsletter to be notified when applications